This was not my dream
I have never showed interest in knowing the history of Indian freedom struggle because History has always been a series of yawning for me. I still remember those days of my school when History was the least priority subject for me. But now when I’m going through civil services preparation, I had to read History with my whole heart so did I. Initially it looked a impossible task to me but anyhow I made myself understand that “karna to hai hi to dil se hi kr lete hai”. So finally I landed to a standard book of India freedom struggle. Initial chapters were hard to understand whatever incidents took place .
As soon as I started reading 1857 revolt, my interest got in depth of the book. I started feeling like I am traveling time. That was the day when I felt the worth of my life I have been living. A life with full freedom of everything. A life with dignity. A life with a purpose. A life with si many dreams and all the possibilities of being on the top of the world. And then I realized our free India is the result of so many sacrifices which were being done by uncountable freedom fighters. They put their life on stake to see a Free and dignified India. It took them almost 100 years to make their dream come true. It was not a one man task, it was a process which was going on generation to generation. Well there wouldn’t be enough words to express how much obliged I am now for their sacrifices!
It’s been 71 years since our country got freedom. In these 71 years, everything has been changed now. Our Society, Technology, infrastructure, lifestyle etc. And I must say these are positive changes our country has been going through. We’ve elevated our standard of thinking and living but perhaps there’s one thing where we degraded ourselves badly. ” The peaceful harmony of co-existence”. Rather than seeing ourselves as Indians, now we’ve became habitual of categorize humans on the basis of their religion. Everyone seems to blaming other religion and next person trying to defend their religion with an attempt to insult other religion. Why do we have to be so complicated? What is so difficult to understand? Why there is no zone of tolerance? Where is the feeling of respect for every religion? Why this fundamentalism is taking place in our minds and hearts? We must keep it in mind that the freedom fighters was far away from these tiny minded things and this was the reason why they could be able to gift us a free India.
If they were alive today and could see their free India as a divided India then I’m pretty much sure they would have been exclaiming only one thing “ Alas! This was not my dream”.
Comments
Post a Comment